Thursday 1 September 2016

5 Books to Read on Holiday



Reading is one of my absolute favourite things to do on holiday. Lounging by the pool with my kindle in one hand and maybe a cocktail in the other is my idea of a little bit of heaven. After a week in Bulgaria where all I did was sunbathe and read I thought I'd put together a list of some of the books I didn't get round to, but will start making my way through now that I'm home  - just in case any of you lot are heading off for some last minute sunshine.

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern - Kindle Edition/Paperback £4.99/£4.00 from Amazon

Ahern's first YA book Flawed is a bit of a departure from her usual chick lit style of writing. Set in a dystopian future, Flawed takes place in a society where flaws and mistakes are punished harshly, those who are found to be Flawed are branded and imprisoned. Celestine North is perfect, and always has been, until one day she reacts instinctively in a situation which means she could be found Flawed. I haven't started it yet but it sounds like it's in a similar sort of vein to the The Hunger Games and Lauren Oliver's Delirium series, both of which I loved, so I can't wait to get stuck in.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler - Kindle Edition/Paperback £5.69/£6.49 from Amazon

I can't quite believe that I still haven't read Yes Please because I love Amy Poehler, a lot! I've just never got round to reading it and honestly, I don't have an excuse as to why. But I'm guessing it will be absolutely hilarious, well written and very clever, because how could it not be when the author is such a bad ass?!

The Beauty of the End by Debbie Howells - Kindle Edition/Paperback £3.79/£3.99 from Amazon

I absolutely LOVED Debbie Howell's first book, The Bones of You, it's an incredible story and is beautifully written. I was hooked from the very first page and I could not put it down! I'd even go so far as to say that it is the best book I've read this year. So I couldn't wait for The Beauty of the End to come out to see how it would compare. I've had a nosey at the blurb and it sounds like it's gonna be a good 'un.

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert - Kindle Edition/Hardback £7,15/£7.50 from Amazon

Big Magic is the book on everyone's lips, it's everywhere, almost to the point of becoming a blogger cliché. I've read Elizabeth Gilbert's other books, Eat Pray Love and Committed, and found them inspiring, funny and really easy to read. I'm imagining Big Magic will be similar. I've been wanting to read it for ages and I'm thinking now might be an ideal time to do it.

On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher - Kindle Edition/Hardback £6.49/£6.49 from Amazon

On the Other Side is the debut novel from youtube sweetheart Carrie Hope Fletcher - we all know I love her - and I'm really excited to read it. On the Other Side is about Evie Snow, who after dying peacefully in her sleep at the age of 82, finds herself in the afterlife locked out of her own personal heaven. She is too heavy, burdened with secrets from her past, she has to rid herself of these secrets in order to be light enough to get in. It sounds awesome. I've read the first couple of chapters already and am really enjoying it so far.  I'll keep you posted.

I have a ton of other books on my to read pile, including: The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k by Sarah Knight,  How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran, Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler... seriously there are loads. I'll let you know how I get on.

What's on your holiday reading list? Any recommendations? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins