Thursday 19 January 2017

Collection Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Cream Review & Swatches



l-r: Blackberry, Mulberry, Rosie, Mango, Cotton Candy & Cream Caramel

Towards the end of last year Collection, a seriously underrated high street brand and incidentally one of my favourites, released a range of matte liquid lipsticks. Now I've talked about them a few times before (read more about that here, here and here) but I thought I would go into a bit more detail: a. so you could see the full range and b. because I am obsessed with them and you should be too.
The range is made up of six shades: Blackberry, Mulberry, Rosie, Mango, Cotton Candy and Cream Caramel.  Blackberry is a rich dark purple, Mulberry a deep berry, Rosie is a classic red, Mango is a bold orange, Cotton Candy (despite the name) is a muted rosy pink and Cream Caramel is a taupe nude. The shade range is amazing, and there is definitely something for everyone. Personally I'm a big fan of the whole collection, the only one I wouldn't wear is Cream Caramel because I'm so pale that when I wear nude lipstick I tend to look like a corpse, sexy! Out of the whole range Cotton Candy and Mulberry are my favourites. In particular Cotton Candy which has become my go to everyday lipstick because it looks really pretty on.

So let's have a chat about the formula, because I think its so good. Its very matte but has a soft light texture and is so comfortable to wear. It applies smoothly and evenly and has great colour pay off. The longevity is not the best, don't get me wrong it's good, but not as long lasting as others I've tried - Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks kill it in the longevity stakes! - but they touch up nicely and don't cake or bunch up when reapplying.

The best part is the price, usually they're only £2.99 which is a freaking steal anyway BUT at the moment they're on offer at Boots for only £2.50. Seriously people get on that!

What do you think of Collection's Velvet Kiss Lip Creams? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins