Thursday 21 April 2016

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contouring Base & Contouring Palette Review



L'Oréal has gone and done it, and released the cream contour kit that the drug store/high street desperately needed, and a ton of other contour related products, pipping every other affordable brand to the post. I'm talking about L'Oréal's new Infallible Sculpt Range. The new range is made up of 5 products including a mascara, a nifty double ended contouring brush, Infallible Sculpt Blushes, the Infallible Sculpt Contouring Base, and, the clear star of the show, the Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette. All are designed to ensure that your contour is on point, with the added bonus of being really affordable and, knowing L'Oréal, really good quality.  So let's talk about the two products I actually picked up shall we? 

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contouring Base in Light - £8.99 from boots

As a rule L'Oréal foundations are some of the best on the high street, but personally this base is not for me. The problem is coverage,  it's incredibly light and I need more of a medium to full base due to my crappy, hormonal skin. Sadly L'Oréal's Infallible Sculpt Contouring Base just doesn't deliver. Another niggle I have is the shade, which despite being the lightest colour available, is quite dark.  It does have a nice finish, kinda glowy but natural and it contains new 'grip technology' designed specifically so that your contour will stick to your face like glue, which actually works and is definitely a good thing. It does have its good points but I'm not really a fan. 

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contouring in Light/Medium - £9.99 from boots

Now on to the true star of the show: the Contouring Palette. Contouring products on the high street are few and far between - off the top of my head I can think of maybe 4 or 5 drugstore/high street contouring kits, and all of them powders - so when L'Oréal added this cream to powder offering into the mix the online beauty community let out a collective cheer, or at the very least I did. Simply put it's amazing. The formula, as I've already mentioned is cream to powder, and has the longevity of a powder with the natural finish of a cream. The contour kit is available in two shades: Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I opted for the lighter of the two as I'm a pale lassy, and I like it a lot. It's one of the darkest contouring products I've used, and before blending, can look quite scary on my pasty skin. But once blended it looks so natural. I've been applying it with the Real Technique's Contour Brush, in a 3 shape from my temple, to my non-existent cheek bones and under the jaw line. before blending it out with a beauty blender. It's amazing. Like, seriously. 

Have you tried L'Oréal's new Infallible Sculpt range? Thoughts? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins