Sunday 5 June 2016

The Weekly Round Up #14:The Jungle Book, Stanley the Pug, MAC Palettes & Facial Mists



From top left: Hey, Warm Breeze, Gingersnap, Dark Brew, Dance in the Dark, Brule, Vanilla Extract, Honey Lust, Amber Lights, Saddle, Lemon Tart, Creative Copper, Butterfudge, Divine Decadence & Unwind. 

From top left: Honey Lust, Poppy Seed, Quarry, Antiqued, Embark, Noir, Haux, Star Violet and Sketch.


Hi Guys, it's been a long time since my last Weekly Round Up, but I have had a super busy week this week so I'm gonna tell you guys all about it. 

Monday was a Bank Holiday here in the UK, and the weather was rubbish, so my sister and I piled my niece and nephew into the car, and took them to see The Jungle Book at The Odeon in The Galleria in Hatfield. We had such a good time. I was so excited to see it and it really didn't disappoint. It was sweet, funny, heartwarming, stayed true to the original story but had some twists and turns thrown in, it even had me shedding a tear or two at the end. The special effects were incredible and the casting of Idris Elba and Christopher Walkern as Shere Khan and King Louie was a stroke of pure genius. My favourite part  was when King Louie sang I Wanna Be Like You, that song is a classic and it was really, really good. It's such good film, definitely go see it. Show times can be found here


If you guys follow me on instagram, you can here, you'll know that there's a new addition to my family. His name is Stanley, he's 12 weeks old , he's my sister Sian's new pug and isn't he the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen? I've been dog-sitting this weekend and we've had so much fun. He's so cute and happy and only a little bit of a menace. He can get under the sofa, because he's so small, and he loves hiding under there and slithering out like a snake, he also loves playing with an empty coke bottle, despite the fact that he has loads of toys. At the moment he's worn himself out, from playing, and is cuddled up on my lap, fast asleep. I'm not going to be happy when he goes home to his mumma. *Blog update: Stanley's just been picked up, I'm really sad and I miss him so much*

Lately I've been really loving eyeshadow palettes, I mean way more than usual, and MAC Warm Neutral Palette and MAC Burgundy Times Nine Palette are the newest additions to my collection. They are stunning. Both palettes are part of the Eyes on MAC collection and have become a fixture in MAC's permanent line up. The MAC Warm Neutral Palette is a stunning palette. Neutral palettes are my jam! You can never have too many, and this one is kinda my ideal palette. As the name would suggest, the shadows are all warm toned neutral shades, that run the gamut from dark and smokey to nude and peachy. I haven't used it yet, but will report back once I've tested it out, but so far so good. 
MAC Burgundy Times Nine Eyeshadow Palette is a teeny little palette, made up of 9 mini shadows. The shadows compliment each other beautifully and have a mix of different finishes. The palette has everything for dramatic evening eyes or more subtle daytime looks, and being so small and compact it is perfect for travelling.  The Warm Neutral Palette is £49.50 and the Burgundy Times Nine Palette is £25, and you can get them here and here. Full reviews and swatches will be coming up in the next couple of weeks so keep an eye out for that. 

So hydrating facial mists have become one of my favourite things recently and Mario Badescu's Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater and Pixi's Hydrating Milky Mist are my favourites. They're so light and refreshing and give my skin a much needed boost of hydration. I use both pretty much throughout the day, whenever my skin is feeling tight and dry,but I tend to use the Mario Badescu in the morning before and after make up. It's very light, it smells incredible, makes my skin feel refreshed and sets my make up in place. I like to use the Pixi mist in the evening, as it feels a little bit heavier on the skin and really packs a punch in the moisture department. The Mario Badescu facial spray is £7.00 from Urban Outfitters and the Pixi mist is £18 and available at Cult Beauty

What have you been up to this week? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


Love love love xxx




2 comments:

  1. The colours in those palettes are so gorgeous! I've been looking for some similar shades so I may have to invest in some xx

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely, and such amazing quality! I think they're definitely worth it, especially as they're cheaper at the moment too ;)

      Thanks for reading.

      Lauren xx

      Delete

Latest pins