Sunday 11 December 2016

December Goals 2016



I've gotten into the bad habit over the last couple of months of posting my Monthly Goals when we're already a couple of  weeks into the month. Which then means I have less time to achieve the things I want to. So it's a habit I desperately need to get out of. Now I didn't set any goals for last month because my motivation to do anything, including things I like, was so low that there wouldn't have been any point. But this month has seen my motivation increase, and I still have 20 days to make some positive progress before we start a whole new year. Let's do this!

Break bad habits

I was youtube surfing for hours, as I so often am, when I came across a frankly brilliant video by charlieissocoollike, watch it here, he said something incredibly wise which really struck a chord with me. He said 'that thing that you don't like about yourself it isn't a part of who you are. Most likely it's a habit that you've developed. And habits can be changed.' Like I said this really resonated with me, tears may have been shed. When he said that it was like someone flicking a light on inside my brain. There are some things that I really don't like about myself, and for a long time I've felt like they are part of who I am, and there's nothing I can do about them. But since hearing that I've realised that a lot of those things, like maybe 80-90% of them, are just bad habits I've picked up. And I can change those. So I'm going to try. If anyone has any tips to help me out with this, they would be very much appreciated, because I have no idea where to start. 

Learn to cook, try to enjoy it

I don't know if you know this but I super hate cooking. Like seriously hate it. Weirdly I absolutely love cooking shows. Anyway if I ever have to cook, which to be fair is rare, then I take absolutely no joy in it. Because I am so bad at it. I can never, ever get the timings right, I occasionally set fire to things - not even joking -  and the thought that people cook to relax baffles me. For me cooking is a stress fuelled minefield and I don't care for it. I don't like doing things I'm not good at and I'm so bad at cooking. Last week my mum gave me the ridiculously easy task of stirring chilli beans into a chilli and then re-heating it on a low heat, which I did. But then I forgot about it until about 20 minutes later when I  could smell burning. Turns out the low heat I'd put it on wasn't that low. It was so burnt. I destroyed a very expensive pan and my entire house smelt like fire for hours. I don't even understand why I'm such a bad cook. Genetically it doesn't make any sense, my mum's an amazing cook and my dad's quite good too. At the moment I live with my mum and she does all the cooking, but one day (soon) I would like to live alone and also not be forced to live on ready meals. So I do need to learn how to cook, and I would also like to enjoy it because I think that would make it easier. I'm not holding out much hope for this one, but I can try. I am a good baker though, so when I do live on my own I won't starve, I'll just have live on cake/cookies. Kinda like I do now.

I know that there are four goals pictured,  but I've decided just to focus on these two for the time being. What are your goals for this month? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins