Tuesday 3 January 2017

My New Year's Eve Make Up





(Sorry for the giant picture of my face and the crap lighting, I also hadn't smudged my lipstick, I had a really nasty spot on my lip that would not be covered!)

Happy New Year you absolute babes! I hope you all had an amazing, and safe, New Year's Eve and are ready to take this new year head on. This years I was at a big family party at my uncle and aunty's house, and I was really overdressed but you have to make an effort at New Years' don't you? I was really happy with my make up so I thought I would share it with you lovely lot.

My skin has taken a real down turn lately so I started with Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer to prep my skin. S&G's One Heck of a Blot line is aimed at oily skin types, whereas I have very sensitive skin which tends to get dehydrated in the winter. Having said that I've found that this is really good for when my skin is acting up. It's quite similar in consistency to Benefit's The Porefessional but I prefer this as it is not as thick and has a smoother texture, which absorbs into the skin really quickly. It contains Vitamin E to hydrate the skin, a bonus for us thirsty skinned guys and gals, it also reduces shine, the appearance of pores and keeps my make up on longer.

Before applying my foundation I used Primark P.S. Love... Foundation Stick in Ivory to conceal any blemishes. This is my go to when I breakout because it's quite thick and gives amazing coverage, but doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on the skin. I apply it before my foundation because it lets the product warm up so it can be really worked into the skin. I also think the coverage looks much better when I do it this way and it has a flawless finish. For foundation I used my absolute favourite foundation: L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation in C2 Rose Vanilla. This stuff is a glowy, good skin day in a bottle. It covers everything, adds a ton of radiance to the skin, is super comfortable and (in my eyes) can do no wrong. It's my favourite foundation to wear for a night out. I then used Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair to brighten under my eyes and Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in Light to cover up any blemishes and redness that I missed, like I said my skin is really bad at the moment.

For contouring I used the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sculpt Contour Palette in Light/Medium. You guys know how much I love this nifty little palette, I've raved about it so many times (read more about that here) but I just love it. I like to pack it on in a 3 shape along my forehead, cheek bones and jawline with the Real Techniques Contour Brush before blending it out with a Beauty Blender. For highlighter I used Hemisphere, a silvery lilac shimmer powder,  from the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette dusted across my cheekbones and temples, inner corners, down the bridge of my nose and cupids bow.

For my eyes I wanted to step away from the golden bronze-y tones that I normally reach for and instead chose to do a more purple toned smokey eye with winged eyeliner. For this I used a combination of the MUA Heaven & Earth Eyeshadow Palette and Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland Eyeshadow Palette. I used the shade Tectonic, a chocolatey purple, from the MUA palette all over the lid, before blending Go Mad, a deep, darker, shimmery purple, from the Alice palette in the crease and outer v. I then dabbed Dream On, a silvery lilac glitter also in the Alice palette, on the centre of the lid with my finger tip. I also used Go Mad to define my lower lash line. For my eyeliner I did a cat eye using my beloved Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner because it is incredible and does not budge. I finished my eyes with a ton of Avon's Big & Multiplied Volume Mascara which adds a ton of volume and gives really long, fanned out lashes.

For my lipstick I went for Collection's Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Cream in Blackcurrant. The formulation of the Velvet Kiss Lip Creams are amazing, they're matte but not drying, are so comfortable to wear and last ages. Blackcurrant is a true deep purple, and not a colour I would usually go for but I really liked it. It was very vampy but still surprisingly wearable.

What did you do for NYE? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins