Wednesday 23 July 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #7

I'm back and ready to hit the ground running on my return from my break that wasn't really a break (read bout it here and here). It's Wednesday and that can only mean that 2 Stars & A Wish is making it's long-awaited return (just kidding!) to it's tiny corner of the internet. So without further ado let's get started.


My First Star this week goes to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.


This brush is something of a cult favourite among beauty bloggers and for good reason. So when I got paid a couple of weeks back, I immediately found myself clicking over to Amazon and ordering The Core Collection Kit, containing a concealer brush, a pointed foundation brush, the buffing brush and a contour brush, and whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed using them the buffing brush is my absolute favourite. It's... amazing. I've been using it every morning to apply my foundation and I love it. It picks up the perfect amount of product and blends it into the skin so easily. It makes foundation application effortless, leaving a faultless base and it does all this whilst still managing to be ridiculously soft. I love it. I have since added the Real Techniques Blush and Setting brushes to my collection and have my beady eye on the Stippling brush, the Starter Kit and the Travelling Essentials Kit. What can I say? I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. 

My Second Star this week goes to MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Girl About Town 



This is the most beautiful lipstick to ever exist in the world ever. A bold statement I know but just look at it! Gorgeous! I got this about two weeks ago when me and my bestie went to London for the day (read about it here). After hours of deliberation, in which I'm pretty sure I swatched the entire MAC counter onto the back of my hand, I settled on Girl About Town in the Amplified Creme finish. As you can see it is the most stunning blue toned fuschia. Not only is the colour beautiful but the formula is really creamy, moisturising and long lasting. Although it did need to be reapplied after eating and drinking, but being that the now iconic packaging is as stunning as the lipstick itself this is hardly a hardship. Buying this lipstick has only added fuel to the fire that is my MAC obsession and I WILL be buying more as soon as pay day rolls around. I am in love with it. 

My Wish this week goes to Collection's Super Size Fat Lash Mascara. 



I was really struggling to think of this week's wish, almost to the point where I was thinking sod it! I'll just have 3 Stars (it's been an incredibly positive couple of weeks make up wise) BUT then I came across this whilst I was rummaging through my dressing table in search of a wish... that sounded way more magical then it was. Don't get me wrong it was pretty magical (I do love sorting through my make up collection) but not like Disney magical. Anyway this mascara was a free gift with a Collection Smokey Eye Pallet (which I love) I bought around Christmastime last year. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to mascaras. I like mascaras to lift and separate the lashes whilst curling, lengthening and volumising, which I don't think is too much to ask from a mascara. Whilst this one promises, and I quote, "Super Sized Fat Lashes" it just doesn't deliver. The formula is really watery and takes a good 3 or 4 coats to build up even a mediocre layer of coverage. The brush is a medium bristle brush which leaves the lashes looking really clumpy. All in all this mascara is just a bit meh and is usually only reached for on days when I'm in a manic rush to get to the bus stop and it's the closest thing to hand. It's just a bit pants.  

Anyway those were my Stars and Wish for the week. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know using the hashtag #2StarsandAWish. Alternatively you can tweet me @lolarocknroses, and while you're there you may as well check me out on facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest and give me a cheeky follow/like for your daily dose of Lolarocknroses. I'll be back on Friday with Friday I'm in Love #6 where I'll be talking about the make up and tools I have acquired over the past 2 weeks (it's a lot!) 

Until then,

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins